Join the Real Food Media Team in Oakland!
EVENTS AND ADMINISTRATION COORDINATOR
Part-time position: 20 hours a week
Location: Oakland, CA
The Events and Administration Coordinator supports the Real Food Media and the Office of Anna Lappé. Real Food Media, housed at Corporate Accountability International, is a collaborative initiative working with partners around the country to spark conversations about our food system, catalyze creative storytelling about sustainability and justice along the food chain and connect communities for action. Anna Lappé is the Director of Real Food Media and an educator, public speaker and author. Current projects include:
- Special Partnerships: In 2017, we are focused on our partnership with the Center for Good Food Purchasing and the Food Chain Workers Alliance and the national campaign to promote Good Food Purchasing nationwide (goodfoodcities.org). (Past projects include Voices of the Food Chain with Food Chain Workers Alliance www.voicesofthefoodchain.com).
- Public Engagement: Ongoing public education through Real Food Media events and speeches, webinars, workshops and more with director, Anna Lappé (annalappe.com). In addition, Real Food Films and Real Food Reads—an online film library and resource center (www.realfoodfilms.org) as well as a monthly book club—represent more of our public education;
- Food MythBusters: An online action center with resources to combat the most persistent myths about our food system (foodmyths.org);
- Food Movement Philanthropy: In addition to the work through Real Food Media, Anna Lappé is involved with other projects that this position supports, including food movement philanthropy through efforts such as the Small Planet Fund supporting grassroots groups around the country tackling the root causes of hunger (smallplanetfund.org);
Hours: Flexible days and schedule, prefer full days Mondays and Tuesdays in our Oakland office.
Location: 22nd Street and Broadway, Oakland, California and remote.
Terms: One-month trial period after which time this job description will be reviewed. We typically seek a one-year commitment. Three weeks is requested for notice of termination.
Job Description: This position is the go-to person for project administration, including fielding media and event queries and handling details for our events, both ones we produce and ones we participate in, including conferences, webinars and workshops (about 25 to 30 a year). In addition, this candidate supports our fundraising work as well as helps administer a small grantmaking program. Candidates must be adept at managing multiple deadlines as well as back-end administration. A successful candidate will be familiar with our work and excited about being part of a small team with big impact.
Event Production and Support, including:
- Coordinating and overseeing logistics for Real Food Media hosted or co-hosted events, likely two a year;
- Publicizing events via MailChimp listserv, Real Food Media websites and social platforms and supporting event hosts in other ways as needed and managing all event follow-up and further engagement;
- Responding to speaking requests for Director and coordinating all travel and logistics;
- Tracking all events for annual impact reporting.
Media and Communications, including:
- Promoting media about the Project as relevant via Real Food Media websites, MailChimp listserv;
- Drafting and scheduling communications with direction from Director of Programs + Partnerships;
- Responding to all email and phone inquiries and managing CRM system and email lists;
- Coordinating any program mailings out of the Oakland office;
- Tracking all media queries and media hits for annual impact reporting.
- Maintaining Real Food Media calendars and project management tracking related to events, workflows and fundraising calendars via Asana;
- Supporting Directors with preparing funding proposals, tracking deliverables and preparing reports.
Small Planet Fund Administration, including:
- Coordinating with RSF Social Finance to administer, track and report on the Small Planet Fund grantmaking.
- Passion for food justice and exposing corporate control of our food system;
- Familiarity with administration of a small non-profit or business;
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail;
- High degree of competency using Excel and Word;
- Self-motivated, highly organized team player with a collaborative spirit;
- BA or MA or equivalent experience in a field related to food systems and/or business/non-profit administration and/or communications.
- Familiar with event planning and logistics;
- Familiar with on-line sharing systems, like Box, and project management systems, like Asana;
- Familiar with WordPress or design programs like Illustrator;
- Experience in grant writing and reporting;
- Familiarity with other tools we use, including: Slack, MailChimp, Insightly, Typeform,
- Google Apps, SproutSocial/Online Data Analytics.
Compensation: Contractor position at $25.00/hour. Must have own computer.
Deadline: January 20th
To apply: Submit your resume and cover letter via our online application (https://realfoodmedia.typeform.com/to/Vw7dxG)
Real Food Media is a project of Corporate Accountability International and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or veteran status.